Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 9, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 29:1-30:10; Matthew 26:14-46; Psalm 31:19-24; Proverbs 8:14-26.

Observation

What an awesome thing that God met and spoke with the leaders and people of Israel in the “Tent of Meeting.”

It’s interesting that Jesus took Peter and James and John with Him as He went to pray at Gethsemane – especially if the sons of Zebedee were His cousins.

What a lonely night in Gethsemane: betrayal, anxiety over future pain and suffering, a battle between the flesh and the Spirit that produced drops of blood, broken promises, a drowsy support team, and all this after three years of intense training and discipleship! How frustrating. How disheartening.

The end of the Proverbs passage is talking about “wisdom” not Jesus. Jesus is not created.

Application

This passage makes me wonder what life lessons I’ve missed despite repeated teaching, training and conviction of the Spirit.

How faithful am I? Am I so self-absorbed as to miss the power and significance of what God is doing – in me and others?

Prayer

“Lord, not as I will, but as You will. Help this to be my honest prayer – the genuine fruit of my life, not merely good intentions.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home