Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 30, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 10:1-12:13; Matthew 20:1-28; Psalm 25:1-15; Proverbs 6:6-11.

Observation

How stubborn we can be at times! Pharaoh’s officials come to him and say, “How long will you let this man be a snare to us? …Do you not yet realize that Egypt is ruined?” I’m amazed that Pharaoh did not give up sooner. But, it’s almost like it became a game with him – “if I just cry out to Moses, he will make it stop.” Pharaoh never seemed to grasp God’s power, or the consequences of not responding to God’s warnings. Once again this sounds a lot like each one of us and our experience with sin.

What horrible words: “There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt – worse than there has ever been or ever will be again!” Wow! That’s pretty intense.

Thank God for His Passover Lamb!

I can’t believe that after Jesus spells out in great detail His arrest, suffering, crucifixion and resurrection that John’s mom asks the question which she asks. Preoccupation? Self-absorption? Who knows. But, not the kind of response I would have expected or have wanted – not the kind that reflects that they heard the seriousness and reality of Jesus’ words.

Finally, I love Psalm 25:14,

“The Lord confides in those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them.”

Application

May I listen to those around me and not allow my sin or rebelliousness to negatively affect others. May I realize that no sin goes unpunished or without consequences, and that those consequences will continue until I allow God to change me.

Prayer

“Lord, I would love to be a person that You confide in and make Your ways known. Please help me, empower me to live the kind of life that leads to this type of intimacy with You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home