Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 23, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Genesis 46:1-47:31; Matthew 15:1-28; Psalm 19:1-14; Proverbs 4:14-19.

Observation

I find it very interesting that Jacob “blessed” Pharaoh. I’m going to have to look into that and do a word study to see what that entailed.

I’m challenged and convicted by Jesus when He quotes Isaiah,

“You hypocrites! You honor Me with your lips but your hearts are far from Me. You worship Me in vain; your teachings are but rules taught by men.”

I’m also fascinated that Jesus alludes to the parable of the sower and the seed which He has just taught (and which His disciples have already forgotten!) when talking about the Pharisees: “Every plant which My Heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.”

I love the faith of the Canaanite woman to even approach Jesus, much more to engage Him in theology!

I loved the following portions of the Psalms:

“The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. …The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. …By them is Your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. …Forgive my hidden faults. Keep Your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me!”


Application

I need to always make sure that my walk matches my talk. I don’t want my worship, my service or anything else to be in vain. I desire to be revived by God’s Word – daily, to find joy in His Word & discover His great reward!

Prayer

“God, forgive my hidden faults. Keep me from willful sins. May they not rule over me. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home