Monday, January 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 20, 2008


Journal Entry


Scripture

Genesis 41:17-42:17; Matthew 13:24-46; Psalm 18:1-15; Proverbs 4:1-6.

Observation

I almost laughed when Joseph says to Pharoah, “And now let Pharoah look for a discerning and wise man and put him in charge of the land of Egypt.” I wonder who he’s going to pick! Joseph’s trust and patience in God finally really pays off.
It has always amazed me that Jesus sows the seed on all of the different types of soil even though he knows that only 1 out of the 4 will produce fruit. It’s also interesting that the parable differs from earlier in Matthew 13 in that earlier the seed is the Word of God, and later it’s Christians that are sown in the world to make a difference and reap a harvest.
The story of the man who found treasure in the field and went and sold everything he had so that he could buy that field has always excited me and convicted me at the same time!

Application

I need to bloom where I’m planted and bear fruit in good circumstances and in bad. I need to trust the Lord of the Harvest to use me and to be patient when God’s timing is not my timing. I also need to remember that Satan’s deception is oh so subtle and sometimes not noticeable until the very end.

Prayer

“God, please use me to make a difference in the world. Help me to trust your sovereign plan – that I am where you intend for me to be. And, that you will use me to touch the lives of those around me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home