Monday, January 28, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 28, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 5:22-7:24; Matthew 18:23-19:12; Psalm 23:1-6; Proverbs 5:22-23.

Observation

Moses’ complaint at the beginning of our reading today is a reminder to me that sometimes we can be carrying out God’s will and still encounter trouble, complaints and opposition. Often this resistance has to do with where people are coming from. For the Israelites, their lack of receptivity had to do with their “discouragement and cruel bondage.”

For all of us that are busy (who isn’t?), Psalm 23 is a good message. God “makes” us (deliberate word choice) lie down in green pastures, He leads us beside “quiet” waters. It appears that “stopping” our activity and being “quiet” are key to restoring our soul.

Application

I need to intentionally schedule rest – not necessarily physical rest, but definitely spiritual rest. I need my soul to be restored daily! This will help me to stay on track with the Lord, even when earthly indicators might suggest that I’m off-target or ineffective.

Prayer

“Lord, please help me to take time to be quiet and still before You. Would you provide green pastures for refueling? Quiet waters for refreshing?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home