Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 26, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 2:11-3:22; Matthew 17:10-27; Psalm 22:1-18; Proverbs 5:7-14.

Observation

What an incredible experience to see the burning bush. And, to hear for the first time that God’s name is “I am.” From generation to generation that is how God is to be remembered.

I wonder how many times (like the disciples) I am unable to work miracles because I “have so little faith.”

I am most fascinated (out of all of today’s reading) by the fact that David records his own thoughts and experience and yet it is also prophetic in how it relates to Christ’s experience (Messianic). This is pretty amazing when you consider that verses 14-18 in particular, vividly describe the suffering of crucifixion: the pain, the extreme thirst, asphyxiation, and agony to the hands and feet. And, crucifixion was a means of execution not even known until Roman times!

Application

I want to be careful to never miss God – even in a chance encounter with an ordinary bush. I also want to be a man of faith. I want to live, expecting that God will do incredible things, not surprised and taken back when He does.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to look for you everyday, in people, circumstances and even inanimate objects! Help me to be a man of faith, a man you can use.”

2 Comments:

At January 28, 2008 at 5:51 AM , Blogger jndilbeck said...

Pastor Bob,
These journals are an encouragement to me. Please know that I am reading and enjoying them everyday, but I am a day ahead of you! ;)
For Monday, I am moved by the thought that God's forgiveness must flow through us; we cannot merely receive His kindness without extending the same grace to others.
Joe Dilbeck

 
At January 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Bob DuPar said...

Good point! I'm glad we are all doing this reading together. God is really going to use it in our lives!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home