Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 24, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Genesis 48:1-49:33; Matthew 15:29-16:12; Psalm 20:1-9; Proverbs 4:20-27.

Observation

I was impressed by the Matthew passage today. Jesus goes up on a mountainside and people follow him – seems simple enough on the surface, until you realize that people brought their crippled, lame and blind friends to Jesus. That must have taken some real dedication, effort and patience!

It interesting that once again Jesus insists that His disciples get invested in the needs of the people. And, it’s sad later in the passage that the disciples really had not gained any insight from this second mass feeding/miracle.

I liked the following proverb: “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”

Application

I would like to think that I would make the effort and have the heart to bring my friend to Jesus. Do I learn from the things God has done in my life? Do I get callous to God’s mighty acts? I need to guard my heart from mindless things as well.

Prayer

“God, please help me to trust you and to learn from the experiences and blessings which You allow to come my way.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home