Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 27, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 4:1-5:21; Matthew 18:1-22; Psalm 22:19-31; Proverbs 5:15-21.

Observation

How is possible to say “no” to God when He makes you the following offer: “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” Yet, we all ignore God in one way or another.

What a reminder from Jesus that it takes the humble nature of a child to qualify a person to be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I am most convicted by Jesus’ words in Matthew 18:7, “Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!” May I not be that man!

Finally, what a good reminder in Proverbs 5:21, “For a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and He examines all his paths.”

Application

I want to be careful not to cause people to sin or to stumble. I want to grow in humility. I desire to say “no” to God less and less.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to live my life acknowledging that all my actions are in full view before You. Please help me to stop playing games and to live passionately for You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home