Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 31, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 12:14-13:16; Matthew 20:29-21:22; Psalm 25:16-22; Proverbs 6:12-15.

Observation

Wouldn’t we all love for our kids to initiate spiritual discussions like, “What does this ceremony mean to you?” Yet, the reality is that we as parents and adults and leaders need to constantly be looking for opportunities to prompt spiritual discussions about why we do what we do. It’s so easy to fall into routines and never examine or discuss the motivation and meaning behind our activity.

What a beautiful picture in Exodus 12:42 when the Lord “kept vigil” all night as he safely led His children out of Egypt.

Oh that we might do more things as a church that cause the “whole city” to be “stirred” and ask, “Who is this (Jesus)?” (Matt. 21:10)

Application

May I capitalize on opportunities to share my faith with my children and people in general and explain to them the meaning behind the madness.

I need to continually be involved in activities that cause others to ask, “Who is this Jesus?”

Prayer

“Lord, You have promised that I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer if I believe. Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home