Friday, February 8, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 8, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 28:1-43; Matthew 25:31-26:13; Psalm 31:9-18; Proverbs 8:12-13.

Observation

Matthew 25:41 reminds us that Hell, the “eternal fire,” was prepared for the devil and his angels. It was never created or intended for people. Unfortunately, in rejecting Christ that is the consequence.

What a beautiful picture of being led by the Spirit as the woman with the alabaster jar of “very expensive” perfume pours it over Jesus’ head. To the world – what an odd, senseless random act! She probably had no concept that she was fulfilling Scripture and preparing Jesus for His burial. But, she followed the leading of the Spirit (somehow – the Spirit didn’t indwell people at this point) and accomplished something amazing.

I like Psalm 31:15, “My times are in Your hands.” I wish I acted and lived like I believe this more often.

And, what a clear, practical definition of “the fear of the Lord” – “to hate evil.”


Application

I would like to follow the Spirit’s direction more often and follow through with spiritual inclinations even if they don’t make much sense.

I need to live every day, every moment with the understanding and awareness that my life and times are “in God’s hands.”

I don’t hate evil near as much as I should. This needs to change.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to be more sensitive to the guidance of Your Spirit. Help me to rest more in the assurance and security of Your Sovereignty. And, help me to hate what You hate and to love what You love.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home