Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 7, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 26:1-27:21; Matthew 25:1-30; Psalm 31:1-8; Proverbs 8:1-11.

Observation

A few things struck me in today’s reading. In Matthew 25:5 I had forgotten that it says that “all the virgins became drowsy and fell asleep.” The difference was that the wise virgins were prepared ahead of time by bring extra oil. Jesus does not condemn the foolish virgins for falling asleep but for not being prepared.

In the parable of the talents, it says that the owner called his servants and entrusted his property to them “each according to his ability.” I had forgotten that phrasing as well. Jesus knows what we are capable of and does not expect anything more. But, He also doesn’t expect anything less. And, He doesn’t want to hear excuses which place the blame on imagined faults in His character rather than taking personal responsibility for our own laziness, fear or lack of trust.


Application

I need to be fruitful with what God has given to me, knowing that His gifts of entrustment have already taken into account my gifting and abilities.

I want to be ready for the Lord’s return. Now is the time to make preparation.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to be faithful with the things and the people You have entrusted to my care. Help me to live every day as if You died yesterday, rose today and are coming back tomorrow!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home