Friday, February 22, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 22, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Leviticus 13:1-59; Mark 6:1-29; Psalm 39:1-13; Proverbs 10:10.

Observation

In regard to today’s reading, all I can say is, “Yuck!” I’m so glad that people with boils, and festering sores and infectious skin diseases go to a doctor today and not a priest/pastor! Between that and all of the slaughtering of animals I don’t know how the priests ever stayed healthy. Besides all of these concerns, the Israelites are out in the desert – where did they find enough water to continually wash and cleanse themselves of all of this impurity?

What a sad statement in Mark 6:5 that Jesus was prevented from doing more miracles because of the people’s lack of faith.

Application

I constantly have a renewed appreciation, not only for the salvation which Jesus purchased for me on the cross, but also for all of the tedious, gross laws which He saved me from having to fulfill.

I am convicted when I examine my life, wondering how many miracles I miss seeing for lack of faith.

Prayer

“Lord, may I never put You in a box, quench Your Spirit, or reduce You to what the world says that You are able to do. Please increase my faith.”

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 6:09 AM , Blogger jndilbeck said...

Bob,
I think you are absolutely right about the tedious and gross nature of our sin. I don't understand what the ritual does to appease God's sense of justice, but I wonder if it is not primarily an object lesson for us. I rejoice with you that our Lord redeemed from this ritual, but I cannot help feeling the weight of my sin that requires such horrible, continual pouring out of sacrificial blood. How great was Jesus sacrifice in overcoming and replacing all that gore!
Joe

 
At February 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Bob DuPar said...

Beautifully said Joe! You are a great friend and a great encouragement to me! I love you brother!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home