Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 17, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Leviticus 4:1-5:19; Mark 2:13-3:6; Psalm 36:1-12; Proverbs 10:1-2.

Observation

Wow! What a bunch of laws. The law that hit me was in Lev. 5:1 – not speaking up for the truth of what one has witnessed or learned about. That person will be held responsible.

How often we forget that it’s the sick who need a doctor. I spend most of my time with healthy people.

Jesus’ encounter with the Pharisees and the man with the shriveled hand is heartbreaking. What a tragedy to be so shortsighted as to not have compassion for this man and his situation. It’s not often that the Bible mentions that Jesus was angry and deeply distressed.

I love Psalm 36:9b: “In Your light we see light.” What a neat verse and thought especially in light of all that we’ve been studying in John about light and enlightenment.

Application

I need to spend more time with lost people, sick people and people who are searching. Mark 2:15 says that there were many (lost people) who followed Jesus. I want to develop relationships with those who are unsaved and a reputation for loving and caring as Jesus did.

Prayer

“Lord, please forgive my stubborn heart and help me to see people as You see them and love them as You love them.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home