Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 16, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Leviticus 1:1-3:17; Mark 1:29-2:12; Psalm 35:17-28; Proverbs 9:13-18.

Observation

Happy Birthday Mandy! Eighteen years ago today God blessed Denise and I with our first daughter - Amanda! What a blessing! And, where has the time gone? May God continue to bless you, protect you, give you wisdom and fill you with His joy! We love you!

As I read about all the sacrifices and regulations for these sacrifices in the OT, I can’t help but think “what a bloody mess!” I am so glad that Christ is our once for all, perfect sacrifice (Hebrews 7:26-28). I must say, though, that if we had to offer a sacrifice every time we sinned and go through all of that work – maybe we would sin less!

I’m struck by the fact that immediately after Jesus heals Simon’s mother-in-law of her fever, she waits on the guests. What a servant’s heart.

What an amazing example Jesus is of getting alone with His Father to spend that needed time in prayer and fellowship. The passage says that He got up early in the morning, while it was still dark, and went to a lonely place. What commitment and wisdom. Jesus knew each day He would be taxed with the demands and needs of people, but He also knew the source of His strength and the importance of connecting with His Father.

I’m always amazed at the love and dedication of the four friends who bring the paralytic to Jesus. What a picture of true friendship.

Application

May I never forget the source of my power and my need to spend time in God’s Word and prayer. The busier my schedule, the greater my need to draw from the well of Christ’s limitless resources.

Prayer

“Lord, Thank you for Your sacrifice that covers my sin once and for all. Thank you for promising to supply all my need. Help me to seek You first, before all else. Thank you for Your patience with me in my inconsistency and faithlessness.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home