Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 13, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 35:10-36:38; Matthew 27:32-66; Psalm 34:1-10; Proverbs 9:7-8.

Observation

What a wonderful thing to have the people of God give so much that they have to restrain them “because what they already had was more than enough to do all the work.”

“He trusts in God. Let God rescue Him now if He wants Him, for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” How hurtful these words must have been to Jesus in His human state as He felt abandoned, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

I love how Jesus was in control of His life down to His last breath. The text says, “He gave up His Spirit.” He said, “It is finished.” He said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit.” Death did not overcome Him! And, what a scene with the veil in the Holy of Holies tearing in two, the violent earthquake, the sky turning black, and dead bodies resurrected and roaming throughout the city! Yah, maybe He is the Son of God! You think?!

The authorities anticipate the disciples stealing Jesus’ body for they think, “This last deception will be worse than the first.” This is further proof that the disciples did not steal His body since the tomb was heavily guarded, protected and sealed.

Psalm 34 is one of my favorites:

“The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. …Taste and see that the Lord is good; …Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing. …those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.”

Application

I need to trust You Lord that as I follow You, You will provide. And I will lack nothing that I need – nothing that You desire and see fit for me to have. I desire to “taste and see that You are good” much more than I do. This is an invitation that I fail to respond to – at least with the kind of frequency that acknowledges the unbelievable opportunity which is offered.

Prayer

“Lord, may I fear You as Solomon defined fear in Proverbs the other day: “to hate evil.” I long for the good things which You have for me over against the cheap imitations and golden calves that I resort to when I get impatient and lose my trust in You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home