Monday, February 11, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 11, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Exodus 32:1-33:23; Matthew 26:69-27:14; Psalm 33:1-11; Proverbs 8:33-36.

Observation

It seems that although Aaron might have been more eloquent than Moses, he lacked wisdom and leadership skills. God chose Moses for a reason. Moses shrugged God’s choosing and passed the buck to Aaron. And, we see the unfortunate consequence here. Aaron was not the leader Moses was. Aaron made excuses for his behavior and did not take responsibility. Moses came down from the mountain and immediately took charge asserting his leadership.

I like the picture of God meeting with Moses in the “Tent of Meeting,” and speaking with Moses “face-to-face as a man speaks with his friend.”

I’m shocked by how direct Moses is with God: “Remember that this nation is your people.” And, later: “Show me Your glory.”

That whole scene when God hides Moses in the cleft in the rock and shows him the back side of His glory sounds a lot like the Wizard of Oz to me. I understand why Moses could not look directly at God, but it just strikes me as humorous.

I can’t help but feel for Peter and Judas, in both cases, in their betrayal. What a devastating experience.

Application

I need to rise to the leadership challenges which God gives me and not try and find someone else for the task or job. If God gives me something it is for a reason.

Prayer

“Lord, I echo Moses’ prayer, ‘Teach me Your ways so I may know You. And, please show me Your glory.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home