Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
February 19, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Leviticus 7:28-9:6; Mark 3:31-4:25; Psalm 37:12-29; Proverbs 10:5.

Observation

Well, I don’t have much to say about today’s reading. The thing that stands out to me the most is the all-too-familiar parable of the seed and the Sower. The seed represents the Word. The soil represents the condition of our heart. The Sower is God. And, the thorns and other obstacles to growth are Satan. I can’ help but notice that the Sower sows the seed even in places where He knows it will not grow. But, to me, it is just another example of how God’s heart is that everyone might have an opportunity to respond to the Word.

I like Psalm 37:23:

“If the Lord delights in a man’s way, He makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.”

This verse grabs me because it’s a twist from verse 4 of Psalm 37. This time it’s if God delights in us, and in our way, He will make our steps firm. God delights in all of us by the fact that we are His creation. But, He does not always delight in our ways – especially when our ways are contrary to His will. So, God promises to under gird the steps of those who follow Him.

Application

I need to constantly check my ways to make sure they align with God’s will and are not merely the result of my self-centered ambitions or even a careless tangent.

What a thought to be the object of God’s delight. What an inspiration to live passionately for Him.

Prayer

“Father, may I feel Your delight over me. Please help me to be aware of my actions, and to always strive to be pleasing to You. May Your great love for me motivate me to live a holy life.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home