Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 28, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zechariah 12:1-13:9; Revelation 19:1-21; Psalm 147:1-20; Proverbs 31:1-7

Observation

“On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: ‘King of kings and Lord of Lords.” Revelation 19:16

“Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him! …He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is the Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit.”
Revelation 19:1, 3-5

Application

Praise and thanksgiving are both pleasant and fitting for the King of kings and Lord of lords. It’s easy to praise God for the good things He does – for His kindness, mercy, grace and forgiveness. But, I need to praise God more for just who He is. God is good and awesome – even when there are challenges in my life. God does not cease to be worthy of praise when I experience trials that seem contradictory to my expectations of what a loving father would allow, should allow. He is sovereign. He knows what He’s doing. “His understanding has no limit!” (Psalm 147:5b)

Prayer

“Lord, may my life be one of continuous praise to You. Help me to bless Your name at all times. Help me to see Your sovereign, providential hand in all of life’s events. Help me to trust You – especially in times when I don’t understand You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home