Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 24, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zechariah 6:1-7:14; Revelation 15:1-8; Psalm 143:1-12; Proverbs 30:24-28

Observation

“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.”
Zechariah 7:9

“When I called they did not listen; so when they called I would not listen,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Zechariah 7:13

“I spread out my hands to You; my soul thirsts for You like a parched land. …Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.” Psalm 143:6, 10

Application

Zechariah 7:13 is one of those verses that calls us out in our hypocrisy. Why should I/we expect God to listen to our prayers and desires if we blatantly disregard His Word and commandments.

I love the wording of Psalm 143:10: “lead me on level ground.” I think of the image of a shepherd leading sheep where they need to go, yet sensitively choosing level terrain.

Prayer

“Lord, lead me where I need to go. I would love for the road to be level and the journey enjoyable, but I trust You. Lead on O King Eternal. Thank You for Your birth, for Your sacrifice, and for Your unconditional love which encompasses me every moment of every day.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home