Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 23, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zechariah 4:1-5:11; Revelation 14:1-20; Psalm 142:1-7; Proverbs 30:21-23

Observation

“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Zechariah 4:6

“This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.” Revelation 14:12

Application

Zechariah 4:6 is a great reminder that it’s all about God’s power and Spirit, not my feeble efforts. If I really believed this I would spend more time in prayer and less time worrying and striving.

Revelation 14:12 repeats and follows-up on Revelation 13:10,

“If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.”

The end time tribulation is going to really test the patience and faithfulness of believers (however much of the tribulation we end up going through.) I’m thankful that Revelation 13:8 makes it sound like believers will be protected from receiving the mark of the beast:

“All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast – all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.”

Prayer

“Lord, protect me. Keep me faithful. Grant me Your patience to endure whatever hardships You send my way. And, help me to have the wisdom to trust You in the midst of my trials, knowing that nothing is without a purpose and that You ‘work all things together for good.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home