Monday, December 22, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 22, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zechariah 2:1-3:10; Revelation 13:1b-18; Psalm 141:1-10; Proverbs 30:18-20

Observation

“One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshipped the beast and asked, ‘Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?” Revelation 13:3-4

“He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.”
Revelation 13:16-18

“Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil…” Psalm 141:3-4a

“But my eyes are fixed on You, O Sovereign Lord; in You I take refuge – do not give me over to death.” Psalm 141:8

Application

It’s amazing how easily we are deceived, how quickly we worship the sensational: “The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.” Psalm 141 is perfect advice and wisdom for facing the end times: “My eyes are fixed on You, O Sovereign Lord; in You I take refuge!” If I consistently keep my eyes fixed on Jesus now, I won’t be distracted by things that glitter later.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to keep my gaze fixed upon You. Ground me in Your Word that I might always be able to discern between truth and deception.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home