Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 21, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zechariah 1:1-21; Revelation 12:1-13:1a; Psalm 140:1-13; Proverbs 30:17

Observation

“Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to Me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Zechariah 1:3

“Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.” Revelation 12:12

Application

When God says, “Return to Me and I will return to you,” I don’t think that this suggests that He has abandoned us or has been unfaithful to us. I believe it has to do with our experience of God. When we wander from Him and go against His will, we feel distant from Him. But, it’s like the old saying: “If God seems distant, guess who moved?”

Revelation 12:12 intrigues me because it plainly states that Satan knows that his time is short to deceive and undermine God’s work; and, this makes him furious. On a positive note, this means that the endless evil of the world is more temporal than it often appears. The intensity of evil and sin which we experience today is indicative of Satan’s desperation.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to redeem the time – to make the most of it. Take away my desire to ever leave You, and any satisfaction that I might seem to derive from sin. Increase my appetite for You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home