Friday, December 19, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 19, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zephaniah 1:1:3:20; Revelation 10:1-11; Psalm 138:1-8; Proverbs 30:11-14

Observation

Nineveh’s arrogant claim in Zephaniah 2:15, “I am, and there is none besides me,” is the exact same boastful mentality that led to Babylon’s destruction in Daniel.

Later, God says in Zephaniah 3:12, “But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the Lord.”

“The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

“The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever – do not abandon the works of Your hands.” Psalm 138:8

Application

Today’s reading is the fulfillment of many verses which I’ve read over the last week about how God deposes the proud but gives grace and blessing to the humble.

It’s encouraging that God will fulfill His purpose in me. This reminds me of Philippians 1:6, “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you, will bring it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” I need to trust God from start to finish. He always has a plan and purpose.

Prayer

“Lord, I’m awestruck by the fact that You ‘delight’ in me and rejoice over me with singing. It’s exciting and humbling to be the object of Your overwhelming love.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home