Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 11, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Amos 4:1-6:14; Revelation 2:18-3:6; Psalm 130:1-8; Proverbs 29:21-22

Observation

“Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say He is.” Amos 5:14

“I hate, I despise your religious feasts; I cannot stand your assemblies. Even though you bring Me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. Away with the noise of your songs!” Amos 5:21

“…Then all the churches will know that I am He who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.”
Revelation 2:23

“I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God.” Revelation 3:1b-2

“If You, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with You there is forgiveness; therefore You are feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope. …O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with Him is full redemption.”

Application

Revelation 3 is powerful: “I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die…” God is not interested in worldly reputations. He desires people who support their reputation with good deeds. I am to strengthen what remains before it dies. I can either take this as condemnation or as an offer of hope and change. Sometimes returning to our “first love” involves stoking the fire, and rekindling the flame.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You that You don’t keep a record of sins and that Your shed blood covers all sin. You are my hope. Your unfailing love keeps me going.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home