Monday, December 8, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 8, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Hosea 10:1-14:9; Jude 1:1-25; Psalm 127:1-5; Proverbs 29:15-17

Observation

“But you have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil, you have eaten the fruit of deception. Because you have depended on your own strength…”
Hosea 10:13

“When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called My son. But the more I called Israel, the further they went from Me. …It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them. …When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot Me.” Hosea 12:1-4; 13:6

“I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction? …Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God. Your sins have been your downfall! …I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for My anger has turned away from them.” Hosea 13:14; 14:1, 4

“…Contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.” Jude 1:3b-4

“Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” Jude 1:21
“Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy mixed with fear – hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.”

Application

We reap evil and deception when we depend upon our own strength and knowledge. Sometimes I abuse God’s patience and mercy by wandering further from Him rather than using it as an opportunity to draw closer to Him.

I need to contend for the faith, my faith, and stand against those who twist the truth to their own benefit. I need to be merciful to/with those who struggle, yet ruthless with those who intentionally manipulate the truth (as well as people) for evil.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for Your power to keep me from falling, for Your grace which allows me to stand before You – presentable, without fault and with great joy! You are the only God! The only Savior! To You alone be all glory, majesty, power and authority, now and forevermore!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home