Monday, December 1, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 1, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Daniel 8:1-27; 1 John 2:1-17; Psalm 120:1-7; Proverbs 28:25-26

Observation

“I, Daniel, was exhausted and lay ill for several days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was appalled by the vision; it was beyond understanding.” Daniel 8:27

“But if anyone obeys His Word, God’s love is truly made complete in Him. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.” 1 John 2:5-6

“I write to you, young men because you are strong, and the Word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one.” 1 John 2:14

“The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.” 1 John 2:17

Application

What a thought that when we obey God’s Word, His love is made complete in us. The evidence of God’s love in my life is a mark of ownership, a sign that I am His. John continues in verse 14 to also connect “God’s Word living in us” with “overcoming the evil one.”

Prayer

“Lord, help me to live for things eternal – things that will last and endure. May I see Your love perfected in my life as I follow You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home