Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 23, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 45:13-46:24; 1 Peter 1:13-2:10; Psalm 119:33-48; Proverbs 28:11

Observation

“…Set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.” 1 Peter 1:13-14

“You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9

“Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to Your Word.” Psalm 119:37


Application

I need to do a better job setting my hope upon the grace which will be revealed to me (which is being revealed to me), and not upon my present circumstances. The things which I craved in ignorance will no longer satisfy me now that I know the truth. The truth is they never did satisfy, but in my deception I didn’t know any better.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for calling me out of darkness into Your wonderful light. Thank You for Your grace. Thank You for granting me privileges and blessings I don’t deserve.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home