Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 20, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 40:28-41:26; James 4:1-17; Psalm 118:19-29; Proverbs 28:3-5

Observation

“What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, ‘If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” James 4:14-15

“Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.”
James 4:17

Application

So often I make plans without consulting God. So often I presume upon tomorrow. I assume that life will continue to be as it has always been. I take things for granted. And, I develop an unconscious entitlement mentality with God. I need to thank Him for each breath, each new day, each opportunity and each relationship He blesses me with.

God holds me accountable to my knowledge of His Word. I cannot claim ignorance when I sin. I know better. “To whom much is given, much is required.” (Luke 12:48)

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for all of Your blessings. May I never become complacent with Your goodness. Help me to prayerfully order my day (Your day) and not run off on my own.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home