Monday, November 17, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 16, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 33:1-34:31; Hebrews 13:1-25; Psalm 115:1-18; Proverbs 27:21-22

Observation

“…This is what the Sovereign Lord says: ‘Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? …You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. …Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: as surely as I live declares the Sovereign Lord, because My flock lacks a shepherd… and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for the flock… I will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue My flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them. …I myself will search for My sheep and look after them. …I will rescue them from all the places where they are scattered… I myself will tend My sheep and have them lie down… I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak… I will shepherd the flock with justice.”
Ezekiel 34:2-16

“Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels with knowing it.” Hebrews 13:2

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8

“Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to Your name be the glory…”
Psalm 115:1

Application

Those who shepherd God’s sheep are to do so just as God would. Spiritual shepherds must never forget that the sheep belong to God. The goal of shepherding is not to manipulate the sheep to meet the needs of the shepherd. The goal of shepherding is to feed the sheep, protect the sheep and to safely lead them to a determined destination.

Prayer

“Lord God, thank You that You never change. You are faithful and trustworthy. Help me to bring glory to You every day.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home