Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 10, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 21:1-22:31; Hebrews 10:1-17; Psalm 108:1-13; Proverbs 27:12

Observation

“I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before Me in the gap on behalf of the land…” Ezekiel 22:30

“The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming – not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.” Hebrews 10:1

“…we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” Hebrews 10:10

“The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.” Proverbs 27:12

Application

God is still looking for men and women today who will build rather than tear down, people who will stand in the gap on behalf of their land and on behalf of truth and justice.

Only Jesus can make us perfect. He is reality and not merely a shadow. What keeps me from consistently drawing near to Him in worship?

Prayer

“Lord, I am humbled when I realize that the reason I don’t draw near to You as often as I should is because I get too wrapped-up in self. Free me from self-centeredness that I might serve You with all of my heart and soul.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home