Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 2, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 3:16-6:14; Hebrews 4:1-16; Psalm 104:24-35; Proverbs 26:27

Observation

“When I say to a wicked man, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.” Ezekiel 3:18

“Therefore, since the promise of entering His rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.” Hebrews 4:1-2

“For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:14-16


Application

Contagious Christianity caused me to look at Ezekiel 3:18 from an evangelistic perspective for the first time. I am accountable for what I do with opportunities to “dissuade” someone from their sinful ways, for attempts I make (or fail to make) to save a life.

Unless we combine the gospel with faith and action, it is of little value. Entering God’s rest is not about works; but, it is about owning and personalizing the “work” which has already been accomplished on our behalf. And, we “own” and “personalize” our faith by surrendering our life to God’s truth (not merely intellectually assenting) and allowing this truth to transform our character and behavior.

Prayer

“Lord, I know I need to approach Your throne with boldness and confidence – with greater frequency. I need Your grace and help. May I not allow my sin to keep me from coming to You for help.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home