Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
October 30, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Lamentations 2:20-3:66; Hebrews 1:1-14; Psalm 102:1-28; Proverbs 26:21-22

Observation

“Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.’ The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him.” Lamentations 2:21-25

“Why should any living man complain when punished for his sins? Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.”
Lamentations 2:39-40

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word.” Hebrews 1:3a

“…when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says, ‘Let all God’s angels worship Him.” Hebrews 1:6

“The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts.” Proverbs 26:22

Application

I say that the Lord is my portion, but then many times I rely upon other things for comfort, satisfaction and security. I prove that God is my all-in-all by waiting upon Him – for His answers in His timing.
God never tolerates worship of anyone or anything other than Himself. Yet, He commands His angels to worship the Son. Could this mean that Jesus is God?!

Gossip is so appealing, so enticing – it tastes so good, and even seems to satisfy our appetite. But, the after taste, the upset stomach that follows is proof of its destructive nature.

Prayer

“Lord, help me not to be impatient over the unresolved issues in my life. Help me to wait for Your answers, rather than my ‘quick fixes’ which invariably fail. Help me to also wait for Your perfect timing, rather than the timing which seems to make sense from my limited, human perspective.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home