Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
October 22, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Jeremiah 39:1-41:18; 2 Timothy 1:1-18; Psalm 90:1-91:16; Proverbs 26:1-2

Observation

“He (King Nebuchadnezzar) made Zedekiah watch as they slaughtered his sons and all the nobles of Judah. Then they gouged out Zedekiah’s eyes, bound him in bronze chains, and led him away to Babylon.” Jeremiah 39:6-7

I’m guessing that Zedekiah did not surrender as Jeremiah warned him. Fleeing is not the same as surrendering. This could have been Zedekiah’s fate:

“You won’t be handed over to them if you choose to obey the Lord. Your life will be spared, and all will go well for you. But if you refuse to surrender…” Jeremiah 38:20-21a

“I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.” 2 Timothy 1:5

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7

“…Christ Jesus, our Savior …broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News.” 2 Timothy 1:10

“I know the One in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until the day of His return.” 2 Timothy 1:12b

“Satisfy us each morning with Your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good.” Psalm 90:14-15

Application

Obedience always leads to a better outcome than when we make decisions on our own, based on fear.

Faith is a generational passing of the baton. May we be faithful to raise up a future generation that loves God, honors Him and carries forward the legacy of His faithfulness.

I’m claiming 2 Timothy 1:7 as it relates to evangelistic opportunities which God gives to me, and my response to them.

Prayer

“Lord, would You satisfy me each morning with Your unfailing love, so I might sing for joy for the rest of my life.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home