Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
October 28, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Jeremiah 51:54-52:34; Titus 3:1-15; Psalm 100:1-5; Proverbs 26:18-19

Observation

Jehoiachin’s experience of mercy at the hands of Babylonian King Evil-Merodach in Jeremiah 52:33 sounds a lot like what God has done for us,

“So Jehoiachin put aside his prison clothes and for the rest of his life ate regularly at the king’s table.”

“When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.”
Titus 3:4-5a
Application

Too often I take off my prison clothes, eat at the King’s table, and then return to putting my prison clothes back on again. God finds me dumpster-diving (living in sin, trying to provide for myself); and, He cleans me up, prepares a meal for me, dines and fellowships with me, and offers me unlimited access to Him. Yet, it’s not long until I’m back in the dumpster again. God’s kindness has appeared to me in the person of Jesus Christ. I need to daily live in His presence and feast at His table – no more attempts at self-preservation.

Prayer

“Lord, it’s Your kindness that leads me to repentance (Rom. 2:4). Help me not to presume on the riches of Your mercy and patience. May I do something with the treasure You’ve entrusted to me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home