Friday, November 7, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 7, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 16:43-17:24; Hebrews 8:1-13; Psalm 106:13-31; Proverbs 27:7-9

Observation

“But they soon forgot what He had done and did not wait for His counsel. In the desert they gave in to their craving; in the wasteland they put God to the test.” Psalms 106:13-14

Application

How quickly I forget God and all that He has done in my life. Instead of waiting for His counsel I rush ahead with my own plans. I give in to my cravings. And, I constantly put God to the test as I wander through spiritual wastelands.

What’s the solution? First, I need to remember God in all that I do, in every moment of my life. Second, I must wait upon Him for His perfect timing and for His will to be done. I cannot second-guess Him, or become impatient when His timing does not match mine (it rarely does!) I need to resist the cravings of my sinful flesh which put my agenda and ambitions ahead of God’s. Finally, I need to stop putting God to the test by abusing His grace and presuming upon “forgiveness-on-demand.”

Prayer

“Lord, how often I wander through wastelands – places that are dry and dead, devoid of You and outside of Your will. Draw me to Yourself. Satisfy my cravings in You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home