Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 4, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 10:1-11:25; Hebrews 6:1-20; Psalm 105:16-36; Proverbs 27:1-2

Observation

“It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened…to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to public disgrace.” Hebrews 6:4-6

“We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” Hebrews 6:12

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf.” Hebrews 6:19-20

“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.” Proverbs 27:1-2

Application

It’s impossible for me to feel remorse for my sin and turn from it if I treat repentance and forgiveness like rights of entitlement, and if I act like sin doesn’t leave scar tissue.

Proverbs 27:1 reminds me of James 4:13ff. I need to trust God with my future and plans and not presume anything.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to ‘imitate those who through faith and patience inherit Your promises.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home