Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 18, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 37:1-38:23; James 1:19-2:17; Psalm 117:1-2; Proverbs 28:1

Observation

“Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22

“If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:26-27

Application

If I neglect to act upon my knowledge of God’s Word I deceive myself. Knowing God’s Word and doing God’s Word are two very different things. True religion involves meeting needs – meeting the needs of those who are powerless over their situation or circumstances. True religion is about making a difference in the world without becoming polluted by the world.

Prayer

“Lord God, help me to practice what I preach, to live-out the things which I know to be true. Thank You for Your patience and grace.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home