Friday, November 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 21, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Ezekiel 42:1-43:27; James 5:1-20; Psalm 119:1-16; Proverbs 28:6-7

Observation

“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16

“How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to Your Word. I seek You with all my heart; do not let me stray from Your commands. I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You.” Psalm 119:9-11

“I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your Word.” Psalm 119:16

Application

James 5:16 is a great reminder of the power of intercessory prayer. We miss out on this power and healing when we fail to be vulnerable and honest with each other about our struggles.

The best antidote against sin is hiding God’s Word in our heart. If I consistently seek God with all my heart I won’t struggle as much or stray as often away from His will.

Prayer

“Lord, help me not to neglect Your Word. Thank You for giving me a guide to follow. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me through Your Word. Thank You for meeting me as I seek after You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home