Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
November 26, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Daniel 2:24-3:30; 1 Peter 4:7-5:14; Psalm 119:81-96; Proverbs 28:15-16

Observation

Daniel’s humility is amazing. He continually gave credit to God for his ability to interpret the visions of King Nebuchadnezzar: “No wise man, enchanter, magician, or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries.”
Daniel 2:27-28a

Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego’s faith in God to deliver them, as well as their resolve to honor God even if He didn’t rescue them, is inspiring to say the least. It led King Nebuchadnezzar to acknowledge, “Not other god can save in this way!” Daniel 3:29

“If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:11

“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

“To all perfection I see a limit; but Your commands are boundless.”
Psalm 119:96

Application

I need to give God a lot more credit for things than I do. I miss out on ministry opportunities when I attempt to seek my own glory.

I am humbled by the faith of S., M. & A. I need to trust God to be faithful to His promises. I need to rest in His sovereignty no matter how He chooses to act in the affairs of my life.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for Your Word. It is perfect & complete, providing everything I need in life.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home