Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 6, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Hosea 4:1-5:15; 2 John 1:1-13; Psalm 125:1-5; Proverbs 29:9-11

Observation

“My people are being destroyed because they don’t know Me. Since you priests refuse to know Me, I refuse to recognize you as my priests. …(you) have exchanged the glory of God for the shame of idols. When the people bring their sin offerings, the priests (you) get fed. So (you) are glad when the people sin!” Hosea 4:6-8

“Wine has robbed my people of their understanding. They ask a piece of wood for advice! They think a stick can tell them the future! Longing after idols has made them foolish. They have played the prostitute, serving other gods and deserting their God.” Hosea 4:11-12

“Love means doing what God has commanded us…” 2 John 1:6

“Anyone who wanders away from this teaching has no relationship with God. But anyone who remains in the teaching of Christ has a relationship with both the Father and the Son.” 2 John 1:9

Application

Hosea 4:6-8 is the fulfillment of “Where there is no vision the people perish.” (Proverbs 29:18) When priests/pastors don’t know the Lord, their people don’t as well. And, when we don’t know our Creator it leads to destruction.

The simplest, most practical way I can express my love to God is to obey His Word/commandments.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to know You more deeply with each passing day. May I never forget that faith means having a relationship with You. Help me to love You with my life and actions, and not merely pay lip service to You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home