Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 10, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Amos 1:1-3:15; Revelation 2:1-17; Psalm 129:1-8; Proverbs 29:19-20

Observation

“Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first…” Revelation 2:4-5a

“Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.” Revelation 2:10

“Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him.” Proverbs 29:20

Application

When I forget my first love, the best way to get back on track is to repent and do the things I did when I first came to faith in Christ. Perspective comes from remembering the place we used to be and realizing how far we have drifted or fallen.

You’ve got to love a warning that begins with: “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer!” As much as I want to avoid suffering, I need to remember that it is part of God’s refining process in my life. And, He is faithful to protect me and give me strength even in the midst of adversity.

Prayer

“Lord, grant me the strength and focus to keep You first, every moment of every day. Help me not to settle for lesser things.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home