Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 9, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Joel 1:1-3:21; Revelation 1:1-20; Psalm 128:1-6; Proverbs 29:18

Observation

“I will restore to you the years the locusts have eaten…” Joel 2:25

“And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.” Joel 2:28

“I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.” Joel 2:30-31

“I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And …I …saw …someone ‘like a son of man,’ dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1:12-18

Application

God has the power to restore the years that the locust have eaten if I trust Him and let Him.

Joel 2:30-31 was recently brought to life for me in the movie, The Star Of Bethlehem. I highly recommend it. The intricacy of God’s plan never ceases to amaze me; and, the practical outcome of this is more evidence which speaks to the validity of the Bible.

Revelation 1:12-18 is an account of John’s encounter with Christ. But, the description sounds a lot like God. Wait! Maybe Jesus is God! This passage makes me want to live more fully surrendered to the Lord and His Word as I await this incredible day!

Prayer

“Lord, come quickly! And, help me to do my part in spreading the Gospel and leading others to You before You come.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home