Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 17, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Nahum 1:1:3:19; Revelation 8:1-13; Psalm 136:1-26; Proverbs 30:7-9

Observation

Twenty-six times (once in each verse) the psalmist repeats the line, “His love endures forever,” in Psalm 136. These verses describe both God’s blessing and His judgment. But, still the response is: “His love endures forever.” God’s love is more than emotional, more than a warm fuzzy - it’s an extension of His character, His righteousness.

“…give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord? Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.”
Proverbs 30:8-9

Application

To say that God’s love endures forever is to affirm that His justice prevails from generation to generation. The task of parents and leaders is to continually highlight this enduring love, and remind people of God’s faithfulness.

Striking a balance between poverty and riches is no small feat. Abundance can breed complacency and self-sufficiency, while want can lead to envy and discontent. Peace comes from trusting God – believing that He knows our need and will supply it.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to be content rather than complacent. Help me to be diligent to know when and how to play my part, and when to back-off and rest in You. Thank You for personally validating that “Your love endures forever” in my life over the last 44 years.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home