Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 16, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Micah 5:1:7:20; Revelation 7:1-17; Psalm 135:1-21; Proverbs 30:5-6

Observation

“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times. …He will stand and shepherd His flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord His God. And they will live securely, for then His greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And He will be their peace.” Micah 5:2, 4

“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

“But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” Micah 7:7

“…and He who sits on the throne will spread His tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst… For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; He will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
Revelation 7:15b-17

Application

God is our Shepherd. He is our peace. He is the One who gives us true security. I need to live according to His rules and not mine. I need to demonstrate mercy and to live in humility. God alone is my hope; and, I need to patiently wait upon His will and His timing.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to trust You, to wait upon You, and to rest in Your sovereignty. Thank You that a day is soon coming when You will wipe away every tear.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home