Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
December 27, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Zechariah 10:1-11:17; Revelation 18:1-24; Psalm 146:1-10; Proverbs 30:33

Observation

“…the Lord, who remains faithful forever, He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free; the Lord gives sight to the blind; the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but He frustrates the ways of the wicked.”
Psalm 146:6b-9

Application

God’s faithfulness is described in Psalm 146 in terms of His heart for the oppressed: the hungry, the prisoner, the blind, the discouraged, the alien, the fatherless and the widow. I have to ask myself, “How much of my time, my day, is devoted to helping people in these categories?” It’s not just about pleasing my heavenly Father by doing good deeds, it’s about seeking to be His presence here on earth by doing the things He would do if He were here.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to be faithful to those who need an advocate. Help me to defend those who can’t defend themselves. Thank You for being faithful to me and for helping me in my helplessness.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home