Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 6, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Song Of Songs 1:1-4:16; 2 Corinthians 8:16-24; Psalm 50:1-23; Proverbs 22:22-23

Observation

The two passages which stood out to me the most today were from Psalms and Proverbs. Psalm 50:21-23 says,

“These things you have done and I kept silence; You thought that I was just like you; I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes. Now consider this, you who forget God, Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver. He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; and to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God.”

Proverbs 22:22-23 speaks of God’s heart for the poor,

“Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court, for the Lord will take up their case and will plunder those who plunder them.”

Application

It’s dangerous when I start justifying my behavior by thinking that God is just like me. God’s silence is not the same as His approval – if anything it is His mercy and grace and patience. I desire to see the salvation of God. I want my life to be one of praise and thanksgiving to God – one which honors Him.

Prayer

“Lord, help me not to abuse Your patience or take it for granted. Thank You for Your love which never lets me go.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home