Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
August 27, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Job 23:1-27:23; 2 Corinthians 1:12-2:11; Psalm 41:1-13; Proverbs 22:5-6

Observation

Job 23:8-9 sounds like the antithesis of Psalm 139,

“But if I go to the east, He is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find Him. When He is at work in the north, I do not see Him; when He turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of Him.”

Despite these feelings of abandonment and despair, Job still makes the following affirmation in verse 10,

“But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested (tried) me, I will come forth as gold.”

I’m impressed by Job’s insistence upon his innocence with his friends in 27:5,

“I will never admit you are in the right; til I die, I will not deny my integrity.”

David has an interesting corresponding thought about integrity in Psalm 41:12,

“In my integrity you uphold me and set me in Your presence forever.”

Finally, I liked 2 Corinthians 2:10-11,

“If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven – if there was anything to forgive – I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.”

Application

There are times in our life when we feel like God has forgotten about us, or worse yet, that He doesn’t care. But, we need to hold onto the truth during these times. God created us. He knows us. And, He is molding us into His image. This isn’t always pleasant; in fact, most of the time it’s uncomfortable. He knows our limits and does not take us beyond them. In the end, we will emerge as gold.

Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians indicate that when we fail to forgive others or leave issues unresolved, we allow Satan to have a foothold in our life.

Prayer

“Lord, I have trained up my daughter in the way she should go. Denise and I have walked with her and counseled her. Would You please continue to guide her, direct her and protect her as she journeys that path with You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home