Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
August 29, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Job 31:1-33:33; 2 Corinthians 3:1-18; Psalm 43:1-5; Proverbs 22:8-9

Observation

I was impressed by Job’s words in 31:1 and don’t ever recall reading them before,

“I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.”

Job’s words in 31:32 reveal the heart of Job,

“No stranger had to spend the night in the street, for my door was always open to the traveler.”

I found Elihu’s words humorous. He refrained from speaking until chapter 32 because in his own words “I am young in years, and you are old…” He was apparently the youngest of Job’s so called “friends.” He has a very good point in 32:12,

“I gave you my full attention. But not one of you has proved Job wrong; none of you has answered his arguments.”

I really liked Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians 3:16-18,

“Whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. …And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, the Spirit.”

Finally, Proverbs 22:9 was a great reminder and challenge,
“A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”

Application

I need to grow more in the area of sharing what I have with those who are disadvantaged – whether it’s providing a place to sleep for someone or a meal for those who are hungry. Knowing and assessing the genuineness of needs often keeps me from responding quickly or sometimes at all.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You that through Christ I am able to behold You ‘unveiled.’ And, thank You that You are transforming me into Your image.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home