Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
August 28, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Job 28:1-30:31; 2 Corinthians 2:12-17; Psalm 42:1-11; Proverbs 22:7

Observation

I really felt for Job in 29:4-5 when he wrote,

“Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house, when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me.”

I have always loved Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians 2:14-15,

“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.”

Finally, Psalm 42:8 stood out to me,

“By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me – a prayer to the God of my life.”

Application

I’m not sure that I’m always “the aroma of Christ” to those that I come into contact with - definitely something to work on. I’m reminded of the old saying, “You may be the only Jesus some people ever meet.”

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for satisfying the thirst of my soul and supplying every one of my needs. Thank You for Your faithfulness.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home