Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
August 30, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Job 34:1-36:33; 2 Corinthians 4:1-12; Psalm 44:1-8; Proverbs 22:10-12

Observation

Job 34:12 is a great verse,

“It is unthinkable that God would do wrong, that the Almighty would pervert justice.”

2 Corinthians 4:4 is a good verse to remember when witnessing to our unbelieving friends,

“The god of this age (Satan) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”

The only difference between these friends and us is found in verse 6,

“But God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.”

Finally, 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 speaks of the power of God at work in us (“mere jars of clay” which contain Him - “treasure”),

“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.”

Application

In my times of hurt and pain I need to remember that “It is unthinkable that God would/could do wrong.”

I should not be surprised that my friends don’t see the truth about Jesus. Scripture makes it very clear why this is the case. But, I often forget. This is also why I need to be a “light set upon a hill for all to see.” (Matthew 5)

I pray for a life free of trials and problems, but I forget that my light (His light) shines brightest in the darkness, His strength is revealed most clearly in my weakness, and His joy in the midst of my unfavorable circumstances.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to see more of life from Your perspective. And, help me to allow Your light to shine in places where You call me to shine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home